Join us for our Global Volunteer Day, this Saturday 8th of May !
As you may know, Serve the City is an international movement with organisations spread all over the world. On the Global Volunteer Day, all the Serve the City organisations, from Ireland to Australia, gather and spread kindness on the same day, in their respective cities, at the same time. So join us to be a part of our global volunteering movement!
What are the different volunteering opportunities?
- Prepare “Ramadan Edition Bags” for refugees and migrants in need! For this project, we ask you to prepare “Ramadan Edition Lunch Bags” at home and deliver them to our offices on Saturday 8th of May between 09:30 and 10:30. The bags will then be distributed by a small team of Serve the City volunteers to refugees and migrants around different centres and places in Brussels! Check out the list of items on the right side to know exactly what ingredients to put in each bag. Our goal is to collect 550 Ramadan bags.
- Prepare “Sandwich Packs” for people in need! For this project, we ask you to prepare sandwiches at home and deliver them to our offices on Saturday 8th of May between 09:30 and 10:30. The Sandwich Packs will then be distributed by a small team of Serve the City volunteers to people in need, around different places in Brussels. Check out the list of items on the right side to know exactly what ingredients to include in each pack! Our goal is to collect 300 sandwich packs.
- Porte d’Ulysse. Porte d’Ulysse is a shelter for homeless refugees and migrants, located in Schaerbeek. We are looking for 2 volunteers to serve breakfast and help in the kitchen to prepare dinner, from 9:00 to 15:00.
- Petite Soeur des Pauvres. Petite Soeur des Pauvre is a retirement home for elderly people with low income. We are looking for 3 volunteers to help them with maintenance and cleaning of the centre, from 09:00 to 13:00.
- Greening Brussels. Want to contribute in reducing trash in our city? We are looking for 5 volunteers to join us on a tour around Brussels from 11:15 to 13:30, where we pick up litter while walking. Say goodbye to plastic cups and cigarette buds, and let’s make our community cleaner and more enjoyable for all!
- Solidarity Lunch Walk. Interested in helping out the homeless in our city? Join us for our Solidarity Lunch Walk! We need 8 volunteers to join us for a walk where we meet, have a nice chat and distribute food to the less fortunates. See time slots available in the registration form.
- Parc Parmentier. Parc Parmentier is a non-profit that organises recreational activities for underprivileged children. They are looking for 5 volunteers to help them with maintenance and cleaning of the parc.
Thank you so much but we have reached our maximum capacity. See you next time!